Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T8 Lamps
- Ideal for turtles, tortoises, bearded dragons, iguanas, and all other diurnal reptiles.
- Full 5% uvb output allows vitamin d3 synthesis to occur naturally.
- Helps reverse or prevent metabolic bone disease and other health problems.
- Effective for uvb induced photo conversion of vitamin D in reptiles skin at distances up to 20 inches.
This Lamp Provides UVB, UVA & Visible Light for Your Reptile
Ideal for habitats with the following reptiles:
- Bearded Dragons
- Monitors and Tegus
- Other desert species of reptiles
Reptiles need UVB for vitamin D production and calcium metabolism. Without UVB, reptiles can develop Metabolic Bone Disease in 6 months or less. This bulb, along with proper temperatures, will enable your reptiles to make vitamin D and process calcium from their diet.
Reptiles and amphibians can see things that humans can't. UVA is part of the rainbow of colors that reptiles can see. UVA helps to increase activity levels, appetite, and reproductive behaviors. Without UVA, they are colorblind.
For use in fixtures rated for T8 lamps.
This lamp emits beneficial UVB up to 20" inches from the surface of the bulb. Glass and plastic filter out UVB; there should be no glass or plastic between the lamp and your reptile. Fine mesh blocks up to 50% of light and UVB. This should be taken into consideration when determining lamp distance. Always have lamp at 6" away from your animal.
|ReptiSun 10.0 UVA/UVB T8||BFA Item #|
|18 inch 15W||ZM34318|
|24 inch 17W||ZM34324|
|36 inch 25W||ZM34336|
|48 inch 32W||ZM34348|