Freshwater Guarantee Policy
- Most fish are guaranteed for 7 days from the date of purchase. If a fish dies within these 7 days, you must bring into the store the dead fish, your receipt showing the date of purchase, and a separate water sample from your aquarium. Your water must test within acceptable levels. In your aquarium, ammonia and nitrite must be 0, and nitrate must be under 40. If your water tests at acceptable levels, we will replace the fish at no charge or issue a livestock credit. Any fish with ripped or torn fins will be excluded from the guarantee. There are no refunds/returns for fish. Although we try our best to recommend proper tank-mates, we do not guarantee compatibility; we cannot be 100% sure of the behavior of every fish once it has left our store and placed in a different environment. Replacement fish are not guaranteed.
- Due to the aggressive nature of African, South American and Central American cichlids, we cannot replace fish loss due to aggression by these fish for any reason.
- Livestock that is not guaranteed (due to sensitivity) includes: discus, rams, all invertebrates (snails, shrimp, crayfish, ‘lobsters’, crabs), oddballs (including gar, knifefish, puffers, eels, ropefish, etc.), brackish fish, and all fancy plecos. This is not a complete list. Any fish that is not guaranteed will be stated as such on your receipt.
If you find yourself with unwanted fish, check with personnel as to our current ability to accept trade-ins. We give 1/3 of the fish’s retail value in a Fish Bucks credit (livestock credit). Not all species will be accepted. We reserve the right to refuse any livestock for trade-in.
Saltwater Guarantee Policy
- Most saltwater fish are guaranteed for 7 days from the date of purchase. If a fish dies within these 7 days, you must bring in the dead fish, your receipt showing the date of purchase, and a separate water sample from your aquarium. Half of the purchase price will be issued in a livestock credit, providing you have acclimated your fish properly, and your water tests within acceptable levels. In your aquarium ammonia and nitrite must be 0, and nitrate must be under 30.
- Our mission is to provide accurate information regarding stocking, compatibility, and behavior, but we cannot guarantee that fish will behave as expected. Due to the likelihood that each individual animal may behave differently, unfortunately, there are neither returns nor refunds for livestock purchases.
- In addition, certain livestock will not be covered under our guarantee. These exclusions include all dragonettes, pipefish, seahorses, butterflies and all invertebrates (including shrimps, sea stars, urchins, crabs, anemones, and coral). Livestock not guaranteed will be indicated by their sale tag and on the receipt, pink-tagged items are not guaranteed.
Finally, fish will also be excluded from their guarantee if they present any signs of fighting or illness. This includes, but is not limited to, issues from aggressions such as ripped or torn fins, or illness that may develop from the stress of purchasing and moving fish, or issues from compatibility. Please ask an associate if you have questions regarding this policy.
Reptile/Amphibian Guarantee Policy
- Most reptiles are guaranteed for 7 days from the date of purchase. If a reptile dies within these 7 days, you must bring the reptile and a receipt showing the date of purchase. If all husbandry requirements are met, we will gladly issue a livestock credit for half of its retail value. There are no cash refunds or returns for reptiles and amphibians. Although we try our best o recommend proper care practices, we cannot guarantee reptiles will remain stress-free during their transportation and/or acclimation to their new environment. Any reptile with physical damage to its body (kinked tails, open wounds, other signs of trauma) will not be accepted as part of the guarantee.
- Livestock that will not be guaranteed (due to sensitivity) includes: all amphibians (such as dart frogs, pacman frogs, tree frogs, newts, salamanders, etc…), bugs, insects and arachnids.
If you find yourself with an unwanted reptile, check with personnel as to our current availability to accept trade-ins. We give 1/3 of the animal’s retail value in Fish Bucks (livestock credit). Not all species will be accepted. We reserve the right to refuse any livestock for trade-in.
- There are no returns on livestock or live rock
- If you are not happy with a purchase, return it within 30 days in the original, salable, intact package with a receipt and a full refund will be given.
- After 30 days, items in the original, salable, intact packaging store credit will be given.
- Any item returned without a receipt within 30 days, store credit will be given.
- Special order merchandise, opened food containers, live food, frozen and refrigerated food, and chemicals or salt are not returnable.
- Light bulbs and light fixtures must be returned within 7 days of purchase, in unopened packaging and only with the original receipt.
Each manufacturer has a different warranty procedure and policy. We will follow their guidelines.
- We do take in un-wanted livestock. You must call or message us ahead of time to make sure we have room and can accept the livestock in question. Trade-ins are accepted Monday-Thursday before 7 pm. A ‘Fish Bucks’ credit will be given for 1/3 of the retail value of the livestock (some exclusions apply) that is only good for the purchase of other livestock.
We Cannot Accept Any Used Equipment
- It is against our insurance policy to sell any used equipment that has not been in our possession; this includes any gifts, donations or unwanted equipment. We can sell service equipment as it has been under our care for its entire life.
Shipping Fish Tanks and Terrariums
- We do not ship large fish tanks and terrariums. They are available for in-store pickup only. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please call us at 616-667-2583.