Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO Lamps
Stronger UVB and Brighter Light: Twice as strong as standard ReptiSun® 10.0 Lamps! Increased UVB Output: Perfect for larger reptile habitats.
- Stronger UVB and Brighter Light: Twice as strong as standard ReptiSun® 10.0 Lamps!
- Increased UVB Output: Perfect for larger reptile habitats (see lamp distance notes on package).
- Helps to prevent or reverse Metabolic Bone Disease commonly seen in captive reptiles.
- Used and recommended by Zoos, Veterinarians, and top reptile professionals.
- High quality Made in Germany.
This Lamp Provides UVB, UVA & Visible Light for Your Reptile
Ideal for habitats with the following reptiles:
- Bearded Dragons
- Monitors and Tegus
- Other desert species of reptiles
Reptiles need UVB for vitamin D production and calcium metabolism. Without UVB, reptiles can develop Metabolic Bone Disease in 6 months or less. This bulb, along with proper temperatures, will enable your reptiles to make vitamin D and process calcium from their diet.
Reptiles and amphibians can see things that humans can't. UVA is part of the rainbow of colors that reptiles can see. UVA helps to increase activity levels, appetite, and reproductive behaviors. Without UVA, they are colorblind.
For use in fixtures rated for T5 High Output lamps. For best results, use Zoo Med's ReptileSun T5 HO Terrarium Hood.
This lamp emits beneficial UVB up to 30" inches from the surface of the bulb. Glass and plastic filter out UVB; there should be no glass or plastic between the lamp and your reptile. Fine mesh blocks up to 50% of light and UVB. This should be taken into consideration when determining lamp distance. The T5 HO ReptiSun 10.0 is designed for most desert reptiles housed in terrariums that are 18" to 30" inches tall. Always have lamp at 6" away from your animal.
|ReptiSun 10.0 UVA/UVB T5 HO
|BFA Item #
|12 inch 15W
|22 inch 24W
|34 inch 39W
|46 inch 54W