Red Sea REEFER 3XL 900 G2 - Versatile, Rimless, Sumped Reef System
The REEFER™ 3XL 900 allows you to take reefscaping to another dimension. The 3XL 900 is 65cm (25.6″) high & wide, and 200cm (79″) long with a 900 liter (240 gal) capacity. This unit introduces an enlarged overflow box with dual side-facing return pump outlets that provides ideal water circulation in the tanks with flows of up to 10,000 lph/2600gph.
A unique feature of the 3XL 900 is a split sump system that provides unsurpassed flexibility. The main sump is set for the main filtration functions with an optional refugium chamber and a dedicated adjustable height skimmer chamber. The sump extension (60 liters/16 gal) can be connected to the main sump and used for additional filtration, as a larger refugium, or even as a dedicated frag tank. Alternatively, it can be set up as an independent unit and used as a full-size (83 liters/22 gal) RO reservoir or saltwater reservoir for automated water changes.
REEFER 3XL 900 – What’s included:
- Rimless, 19mm / ¾” super-clear, beveled edge glass aquarium
- Elegant, reinforced plywood Marine-Spec cabinet with aluminum support
- Dual side-facing return pump outlets with fittings for one or two pumps
- Enlarged overflow box for increased surface skimming
- Unique split sump system for unsurpassed flexibility:
- Professional refugium-ready main sump with variable height skimmer chamber and micron filter bags and media cups
- Extension sump (60 liters/ 16 gal) can be used as a dedicated frag-tank or refugium. Alternatively, it can be disconnected and used as an independent reservoir of 83 liters / 22 gal.
- 4 units of ReefLED 90 lighting with bespoke mounts (Deluxe models only)
- A silent, regulated down-flow system with emergency overflow
- Assembly-ready piping – no gluing required
The REEFER G2 systems incorporate the following great new features:
- ReefMat® ready sump that has a pull-out filter-sock/media-cup compartment and a universal connector on the downpipe, for a truly Plug & Play ReefMat installation.
- The ultra-clear, beveled-edge glass has an increased thickness of up to 0.75" or 19mm with silicone protection strips on the bottom & side joins.
- The marine-spec cabinets are extra fortified with all models being made from plywood. All REEFER 625 and above have a "Floating tank" feature supported by an aluminum edge.
- All systems come with a standard 3-year warranty plus highly affordable 4th & 5th year extended warranty plans.
- All REEFER 350 and above (47" or 120cm and longer) now have dual return outlets, creating even better water distribution.
- All models include a new and improved high precision valve and an enlarged inlet section on the downflow pipe that enables easy regulation and near-silent operation.
- Extra connectors that support both metric and USA standard pipes are available for those who wish to customize their sump piping.