Hikari Bio-Pure Frozen Okanagan Lake Freshwater Mysis Shrimp
Okanagan Lake Freshwater Mysis Shrimp
These Mysis relicta harvested from this glacier fed lake naturally offer an unusual amount of desirable linolenic acid, omega-3 fatty acid, omega-6 fatty acid, arachidonic acid, EPA and DHA too. Additionally, they also contain a higher level of planktonic algae most fish love and offer a flavor that drives most fish wild. Best of all, the sustainable fishery we use for these mysis helps improve the salmon populations in Lake Okanagan.
A Unique Food Offering
Proprietary Processes Help Us Offer Unsurpassed Quality
- Packed on the lake to eliminate degradation of the raw material
- Free of white spot syndrome, yellow head virus, myonecrosis virus and Penaeus vannamei nodavirus as verified by UAZ Aquaculture Pathology Laboratory
- Packed in as little water as possible to offer maximum value
- Our proprietary on-the-lake Freezing technique helps us lock in all the nutrition your fish need while maintaining the natural color, taste and texture
Feed no more than your fish will consume within 30-45 seconds no more than twice daily. Avoid over-feeding as it can cause water quality issue.
Ideal For: Freshwater and marine fish who prefer meaty and flavorful foods, like American cichlids, marine angels, grouper and stingray.
For other feeding options, ask your local pet professional about our Hikari® formulated, Bio-Pure® FD or other Bio Pure® Frozen food offerings.
Be Careful: Care should be taken to avoid over-feeding and any uneaten food should be removed after the feeding period to avoid water quality issues and the health problems that can result. Additionally, feeding live or frozen foods can spoil your aquatic pet and make feeding a formulated food more difficult. Live or frozen foods should be used as a treat to “mix up” your nutritional offering, not act as a substitute for good nutrient selection that offers a full offering of necessary nutrition.
Canadian mysid shrimp (Mysis relicta), pure water, vitamin B12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), carotene, riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamine mononitrate, biotin, choline chloride, folic acid, calcium pantothenate, inositol, niacin.*
* Because of our commitment to providing the highest quality nutrition available, some differences in ingredients may occur due to regular formula updates.
We Also Recommend
Seachem Prime Water Dechlorinator and Conditioner