Fluval Canister BIO-FX Biological Filter Media 5 L
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BIO-FX is a premium biological media designed for use with canister filters and sumps of all sizes, including Fluval’s flagship FX series. Featuring a deep pore structure with interconnected micro-tunnels, BIO-FX offers a vast surface area where billions of beneficial nitrifying bacteria can thrive.
- Biological filter media
- Safe, Inert Ceramic Material
- Designed for use with sump filtration and canister filters of all sizes
- Deep pore structure with interconnected micro-tunnels offers vast surface area for billions of beneficial nitrifying bacteria to establish and thrive
- Linked cavities permit free and even water flow, discourage blockages and prolong contact time for superior and effective biological filtration
- Allows for the establishment of a high concentration of nitrifying bacteria to reduce ammonia and nitrite quickly and efficiently for a healthier aquarium
- For best results, rinse monthly using aquarium water and replace partially every 6 months
- For optimal filtration, place in the last stage of the filtration process
- Usage: For most aquariums, 1 filter basket layer of BIO-FX is adequate. For higher bio loads, additional BIO-FX can be used