Sponge filters have been around for decades and there's a reason these filters are so popular. Sponge filters do an excellent job of clearing impurities from aquarium water and are amazingly simple and inexpensive to operate. The Aquatop Classic 40 can be used in systems up to 40 gallons and is simple to install. Use it as a stand-alone filter or for breeders and hatcheries; you won't be disappointed with its performance.
Like all the Classic Sponge Filters, the Classic 40 runs silently and offers excellent filtering while oxygenating the water. The specially developed foam materials support the colonization of beneficial bacteria, allowing for mechanical and biological filtration, which will break down harmful ammonia and nitrite material resulting in a cleaner living environment for your fish.
* Blue Fish Aquarium Note: Remember that all sponge filters work the best with a high volume of air going through the uplift tube. If you undersize your airpump for the depth of your aquarium you will lose efficiency/effectiveness of any brand spongefilter. We recommend that you run this filtration with an airpump, however if you use a powerhead please also add surface agitation to your aquarium.
For freshwater and saltwater aquariums
Install with either an air pump or a powerhead
Provides reliable filtration in fry aquariums and quarantine systems
Add extra biological filtration in heavily stocked aquariums
Models designed for virtually any size system
- Sponge Filter
- Up to 40 Gallons
- 40 Pores/Linear Inch
- Base Diameter: 3.25 inches
- Sponge Diameter: 5.00 inches
- Uplift Tube Height from Top of Filter: 3.00 inches
- Sponge Height, Base to Top: 3.50 inches
- Full height w/ Sponge and Uplift Tube: 6.75 inches
- Uplift I/D: 0.75 inches
BFA # AT01252